Thread: Source: Blaise Nkufo, Sounders parting ways

Default Source: Blaise Nkufo, Sounders parting ways

97.3 KIRO FM staff

One of the Seattle Sounders FC's top offensive threats is no longer part of the club.

A source tells 97.3 KIRO FM's Bill Swartz that Blaise Nkufo is not happy with the style of play coach Sigi Schmid was asking of him and that the Swiss striker came to the team last week and asked for a trade.

Both sides have since mutually agreed to part ways, the source said.

The 35-year-old Nkufo has family in Vancouver, British Columbia, so it would make sense if he would like to join the expansion Whitecaps. Toronto FC is another possibility.

Nkufo, the club's designated player, joined Seattle last season following his World Cup appearance for Switzerland. He scored five goals in 11 regular season matches for the Sounders and became the first player in the club's history to record a hat trick.

Newcomer O'Brien White is expected to take Nkufo's spot up front in tonight's season opener against the Los Angeles Galaxy. It's a 6:30 broadcast on 97.3 KIRO FM with Arlo White handling the play-by-play.

mynorthwest.com

Default Re: Source: Blaise Nkufo, Sounders parting ways

Default Re: Source: Blaise Nkufo, Sounders parting ways

UPDATE, 5:30 p.m.: The Sounders FC released a statement saying the club has cut ties with forward Blaise Nkufo.

http://www.soundersfc.com/News/Artic...-Cut-Ties.aspx

My favorite player