Thread: Karas (6 episodes)

Default Karas (6 episodes)

Karas (鴉 -KARAS-) is a six-part OVA that takes place in a futuristic setting. It is produced by Tatsunoko Productions. The first DVD of episodes 1-3, "Karas: The Prophecy", was released April 24th 2006 in the UK, and April 25th in the US. The second DVD which contains episodes 4-6, "Karas: The Revelation", will be released in October 23, 2007 in commemoration of Tatsunoko Productions' 40th anniversary.

The world of the humans and the world of the demons (youkai) have overlapped one another, leaving humans to walk the streets of life as they normally would, while demons walk, hidden from the naked eye, down the very same streets. A young-looking woman named Yurine, and her servant Karas, have long maintained order and balance between the overlapped worlds, ultimately keeping the demons from interrupting the lives of humans. However, humans have come to forget and jest at the existence of demons, and no longer understand the privilege it is to live without fear. Disgusted by this arrogance, an old Karas turns his back on the laws he had once upheld, and takes the form of a human named Eko, while creating an army of Mikura, or mechanized demons, to ready an attack on the human race.

A young man named Otoha inherits the powers of the Karas and takes his place at the side of Yurine, who claims that his soul called out for her while he lived the life of a human. They live in the world of the demons. It is now up to Otoha to prove himself as a Karas, and restore the balance that Eko threatens to upset.

Meanwhile, a superstitious police officer named Sagisaka and his rational new recruit, Kure, follow the trail of the murders dealt by Eko's Mikura, as well as the trail of a good demon turned human named Nue. The prophecy unfolds from here...

Default Episode: 01

Episode: 01

Default Episode: 02

Episode: 02

Last edited by NEP; 12-14-2007 at 11:54 PM.

Default Episode: 03

Episode: 03

Last edited by NEP; 12-14-2007 at 11:55 PM.

Default Episode 04

Episode 04

Default Episode 05

Episode 05