Vui Học Thánh Kinh - Chúa Nhật Thứ 7 Thường Niên B

Tải Về

Reading I (Is 43:18-19, 21-22, 24b-25)

A Reading from the Book of Isaiah

Thus says the LORD: Remember not the events of the past, the things of long ago consider not; see, I am doing something new! Now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? In the desert I make a way, in the wasteland, rivers. The people I formed for myself, that they might announce my praise. Yet you did not call upon me, O Jacob, for you grew weary of me, O Israel. You burdened me with your sins, and wearied me with your crimes. It is I, I, who wipe out, for my own sake, your offenses; your sins I remember no more.

The Word of the Lord

Reading II (2 Cor 1:18-22)

A Reading from the Second Letter of St. Paul to the Corinthians

Brothers and sisters: As God is faithful, our word to you is not “yes” and “no.” For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was proclaimed to you by us, Silvanus and Timothy and me, was not “yes” and “no,” but “yes” has been in him. For however many are the promises of God, their Yes is in him; therefore, the Amen from us also goes through him to God for glory. But the one who gives us security with you in Christ and who anointed us is God; he has also put his seal upon us and given the Spirit in our hearts as a first installment.

The Word of the Lord

Gospel (Mk 2:1-12)

The Gospel According to St. Mark

When Jesus returned to Capernaum after some days, it became known that he was at home. Many gathered together so that there was no longer room for them, not even around the door, and he preached the word to them. They came bringing to him a paralytic carried by four men. Unable to get near Jesus because of the crowd, they opened up the roof above him. After they had broken through, they let down the mat on which the paralytic was lying. When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, “Child, your sins are forgiven.” Now some of the scribes were sitting there asking themselves, “Why does this man speak that way? He is blaspheming. Who but God alone can forgive sins?” Jesus immediately knew in his mind what they were thinking to themselves, so he said, “Why are you thinking such things in your hearts? Which is easier, to say to the paralytic, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Rise, pick up your mat and walk?’ But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority to forgive sins on earth.” He said to the paralytic, “I say to you, rise, pick up your mat, and go home.” He rose, picked up his mat at once, and went away in the sight of everyone. They were all astounded and glorified God, saying, “We have never seen anything like this.”

The Word of the Lord

Questions:

1. What did people (who carried the paralytic) do when they were blocked by the crowd?

a. They yelled, pushed people aside and got in.
b. They sent word to Jesus and asked Him to go out to meet them.
c. They opened up the roof above Jesus and let down the mat on which the paralytic was lying.

2. How did the scribes react when they heard Jesus say to the paralytic: “Child, your sins are forgiven”?

a. They murmured and told people Jesus had blasphemed.
b. They thought in their hearts that Jesus had blasphemed because only God could forgive sins.
c. They stood up and walked away.

3. Why didn’t Jesus say: “Rise, pick up your mat and walk?” from the beginning?

a. Because He wanted to prove that He was a famous prophet.
b. Because He wanted people to know that He had the authority to forgive sins.
c. Because saying “Child, your sins are forgiven” was easier than “Rise, pick up your mat and walk?”

Bài Đọc 1 (Is 43:18-19, 21-22, 24b-25)

Bài Trích Sách I-sa-i-a

Đây lời Chúa phán: Các ngươi đừng nhớ đến dĩ vãng, và đừng để ý đến việc thời xưa nữa. Đây Ta sẽ làm những cái mới và giờ đây chúng sẽ xuất hiện, như các ngươi sẽ biết; Ta sẽ mở đường trong hoang địa, và khai sông nơi đất khô khan. Ta đã tác tạo dân này cho Ta, nó sẽ ca ngợi Ta. Hỡi nhà Gia-cóp, ngươi đã chẳng kêu cầu Ta; hỡi nhà Israel, ngươi cũng không chịu khó nhọc vì Ta. Nhưng ngươi đã làm khổ Ta vì tội lỗi của ngươi, và ngươi đã làm cực Ta vì sự gian ác của ngươi. Chính Ta đây, chính vì Ta mà Ta xoá bỏ sự gian ác của ngươi, và sẽ không còn nhớ đến tội lỗi của ngươi nữa.

Đó là Lời Chúa

Bài Đọc 2 (2 Cr 1:18-22)

Bài Trích Thư Thứ Hai Của Thánh Phao-lô Tông Đồ Gửi Tín Hữu Cô-rin-tô

Anh em thân mến, xin Thiên Chúa là Đấng trung tín, chứng giám cho rằng lời nói của chúng tôi đối với anh em không phải là vừa “Có” lại vừa “Không”. Quả thế, Con Thiên Chúa là Đức Giêsu Kitô, Đấng mà tôi, Sil-va-nô và Ti-mô-thêu đã rao giảng nơi anh em, Người không phải vừa “Có” lại vừa “Không”, trái lại nơi Người chỉ là “Có” mà thôi. Bởi chưng bao nhiêu lời hứa của Thiên Chúa đã thành “Có” ở nơi Người. Vì thế, nhờ Người mà chúng tôi hô lên lời “Amen” tôn vinh Thiên Chúa. Vậy Đấng đã làm cho chúng tôi và anh em được đứng vững trong Đức Kitô, và đã xức dầu cho chúng ta, chính là Thiên Chúa, Người đã ghi dấu trên mình chúng ta, và đã ban Thánh Thần vào lòng chúng ta làm bảo chứng.

Đó là Lời Chúa

Phúc Âm (Mc 2:1-12)

Tin Mừng Chúa Giêsu Theo Thánh Mác-cô

Sau ít ngày, Chúa Giêsu lại trở về Capharnaum. Nghe tin Người đang ở trong nhà, nhiều người tuôn tới đông đảo, đến nỗi ngoài cửa cũng không còn chỗ đứng, và Người giảng dạy họ. Người ta mang đến cho Người một kẻ bất toại do bốn người khiêng. Vì dân chúng quá đông, không thể khiêng đến gần Người được, nên họ dỡ mái nhà trên chỗ Người ngồi một lỗ to, rồi thòng chiếc chõng với người bất toại xuống. Thấy lòng tin của họ, Chúa Giêsu nói với người bất toại rằng: “Hỡi con, tội lỗi con được tha.” Lúc ấy, có một ít luật sĩ ngồi đó, họ thầm nghĩ rằng: “Sao ông này lại nói thế? Ông nói phạm thượng. Ai có quyền tha tội, nếu không phải là một mình Thiên Chúa.” Chúa Giêsu biết tâm trí họ nghĩ như vậy, liền nói với họ: “Tại sao lòng các ông nghĩ như thế? Nói với người bất toại này: ‘Tội lỗi con được tha’ hay nói ‘Hãy chỗi dậy vác chõng mà đi’, đằng nào dễ hơn? Nhưng (nói thế là) để các ông biết Con Người có quyền tha tội dưới đất.” Người nói với kẻ bất toại: “Ta truyền cho con hãy chỗi dậy, vác chõng mà về nhà.” Lập tức người ấy đứng dậy, vác chõng ra đi trước mặt mọi người, khiến ai nấy sửng sốt và ngợi khen Thiên Chúa rằng: “Chúng tôi chưa từng thấy như thế bao giờ.”

Đó là Lời Chúa

Câu Hỏi:

1. Những người khiêng kẻ bất toại đã làm gì khi họ không đến gần Chúa Giêsu được vì người ta quá đông?

a. Họ đã la lối, xô đẩy và chen lấn để vào gặp Chúa.
b. Họ đã cho người vào thưa với Chúa Giêsu và xin Ngài ra ngoài gặp họ.
c. Họ dỡ mái nhà trên chỗ Người ngồi một lỗ to, rồi thòng chiếc chõng với người bất toại xuống.

2. Những kinh sư đã phản ứng ra sao khi họ nghe Chúa Giêsu nói với người bị bại liệt rằng: “Hỡi con, tội lỗi con được tha.”

a. Họ lẩm bẩm trong miệng và nói với người ta rằng Chúa Giêsu đã nói những lời phạm thượng.
b. Họ thầm nghĩ trong lòng Chúa Giêsu đã nói những lời phạm thượng vì chỉ có một mình Thiên Chúa mới có quyền tha tội.
c. Họ đứng dậy và rời khỏi nơi đó.

3. Tại sao lúc đầu tiên, Chúa Giêsu không nói với người bại liệt: “Hãy chỗi dậy vác chõng mà đi”?

a. Là bởi vì Ngài muốn chứng minh Ngài là một ngôn sứ nổi tiếng.
b. Là bởi vì Ngài muốn người ta biết Ngài là Đấng có quyền tha tội.
c. Là bởi vì câu nói “Tội lỗi con được tha” ngắn gọn hơn là câu: “Hãy chỗi dậy vác chõng mà đi.”

Tô Màu

Fill in the Blank

blaspheming - FAITH - PARALYTic - PREACHED - RISE - ROOF

When Jesus returned to Capernaum after some days, it became known that he was at home. Many gathered together so that there was no longer room for them, not even around the door, and he ______________ the word to them.
They came bringing to him a ______________ carried by four men.
Unable to get near Jesus because of the crowd, they opened up the ______________ above him. After they had broken through, they let down the mat on which the paralytic was lying.
When Jesus saw their ______________, he said to the paralytic, “Child, your sins are forgiven.”
Now some of the scribes were sitting there asking themselves, “Why does this man speak that way? He is ______________. Who but God alone can forgive sins?”
Jesus said to the paralytic, “I say to you, ______________, pick up your mat, and go home.” He rose, picked up his mat at once, and went away in the sight of everyone.

Điền Vào Chỗ Trống

BẤT TOẠI - CHỖI DẬY - GIẢNG DẠY - LÒNG TIN - MÁI NHÀ - PHẠM THƯỢNG

Sau ít ngày, Chúa Giêsu lại trở về Capharnaum. Nghe tin Người đang ở trong nhà, nhiều người tuôn tới đông đảo, đến nỗi ngoài cửa cũng không còn chỗ đứng, và Người ______________ họ.
Người ta mang đến cho Người một kẻ ______________ do bốn người khiêng.
Vì dân chúng quá đông, không thể khiêng đến gần Người được, nên họ dỡ ______________ trên chỗ Người ngồi một lỗ to, rồi thòng chiếc chõng với người bất toại xuống.
Thấy ______________ của họ, Chúa Giêsu nói với người bất toại rằng: “Hỡi con, tội lỗi con được tha.”
Lúc ấy, có một ít luật sĩ ngồi đó, họ thầm nghĩ rằng: “Sao ông này lại nói thế? Ông nói ______________. Ai có quyền tha tội, nếu không phải là một mình Thiên Chúa.”
Người nói với kẻ bất toại: “Ta truyền cho con hãy ______________, vác chõng mà về nhà.” Lập tức người ấy đứng dậy, vác chõng ra đi trước mặt mọi người, khiến ai nấy sửng sốt.

Reflections

Reading I

In this reading we hear the Lord announce, through the prophet Isaiah, a new exodus by which God’s people will return home. They have been in exile in a pagan land. But now they are to forget their former sinfulness that was the cause of their exile. “See, I am doing something new!” the Lord promises. He will make a smooth path for them and they will once again be free to worship him in their own land.

Like the Israelites before us, we rejoice over God’s merciful words: “Your sins I remember no more.”

What are some of the new beginnings you have made in your life? What difference did these new beginnings make? Why do we need new beginnings in our life of faith?

How does the sacrament of Reconciliation help us to hear God saying to each of us, “Your sins I remember no more?”

Reading II

Once again Paul is writing to the Christians at Corinth to straighten out some misunderstandings between them. Some have accused him of changing his mind about his commitment to them. However, Paul insists that he, like God himself, is faithful. Like the Son of God’s message, Paul’s message is always “Yes” to God’s word.

By their Baptism, the Corinthians have received the Holy Spirit. Therefore, they too can say “Yes” to the truth of God’s promises.

How do you respond when someone does not keep his or her word to you? Why? Whose word can you always count on? How do you know?

What does it mean for you to always be “Yes” to God’s word? Who or what might help you to be that “Yes?”

Gospel

Four friends of a paralyzed man in today’s gospel story prove that “Perseverance pays off.” Jesus is surrounded by such a crowd that the only way to reach him is through the roof. The friends lower the man through a hole in the roof and deposit him on a mat at the feet of Jesus. Their efforts are rewarded when Jesus not only heals the man but also forgives his sins.

The religious authorities accuse Jesus of blasphemy because God alone can forgive sins. But Jesus assures them that he “has authority to forgive sins on earth.” They are temporarily silenced. The crowd, however, loudly praises God for Jesus’ healing power.

How have you sometimes used your imagination and your skills to help others? Who has helped you in a way that you will always remember? Why is it important for followers of Jesus never to give up on trying to help others?

Why do you think Jesus forgave the man’s sins before he healed his body? If you had been there, what might you have said to the authorities who criticized Jesus?

St. Barbatus
Feb. 19th

Barbatus was born in Benevento, Italy. He liked to read the Bible and as soon as he was old enough, he was ordained a priest.

Being a fiery preacher, he was made a pastor. Although he was very good at his work, his life as a pastor was not easy. St. Barbatus encouraged the people that belonged to his flock, to lead better lives. He reminded them to be sorry for their sins. Some people did not like him telling them how to live and were angry. They treated him very badly and finally forced him to leave.

Young St. Barbatus resigned from his parish and went back to Benevento where he had been born. He was received with great joy.

There were challenges in that city, too. Many converts to Christianity still kept pagan idols in their homes. They found it hard to destroy their good luck charms. They worshiped a golden viper and animal skin hung in a tree. They believed in magic powers.

St. Barbatus preached against such superstitions. But the people hung on to their false gods. The saint warned them that because of this sin, their city would be attacked by enemies and it was. The army of Emperor Constans besieged Benevento.

The people then listened to the preacher, soon gave up their error and peace returned. Barbatus then cut down the tree with his own hand, and melted down the golden viper to make a chalice for the altar.

St. Barbatus was made bishop. He continued his work to convert his people and assisted the Pope in a council. He died on February 29, 682, at the age of seventy.