Thread: Côn Đảo, Việt Nam

Default Côn Đảo, Việt Nam

The isolated 16-island archipelago of Con Dao (its largest island, Con Son, is commonly called Con Dao Island), 110 miles off Vietnam’s southeastern coast, was once the site of a French-run prison. Despite, or perhaps because of, its ugly history, Con Dao is one of Southeast Asia’s most untouched and breathtaking getaways.

Though the government hopes to more than double the islands’ population to 13,500 by 2013, Con Dao’s slow, friendly rhythms and spectacular beauty remain largely undisturbed.

Con Dao’s prettiest beach, the boulder-peppered Bai Nhat, emerges only with the low tide.

Despite its rich beauty, Con Dao is still far from being a luxury destination. Right now there is only a smattering of Vietnamese-run lodgings and restaurants.

The much anticipated arrival late this year of a Six Senses resort, from the Bangkok-based company known for introducing eco-luxury to the region’s most unspoiled up-and-coming locales, suggests that Con Dao might soon become part of the international travel scene.

A villa in the Six Senses resort.

For 113 years, this island was home to one of the country’s harshest prison systems, established by French colonists in 1862 and later ruled by South Vietnamese and American forces until Saigon fell to the North Vietnamese in 1975, at which point the prisons were closed. At left, the Phu Binh Camp.

Children jump off a pier on Con Dao Island.

Default Re: Côn Đảo, Việt Nam

Người Việt mà chỉ còn nhìn thấy Việt Nam qua hình ảnh...không biết tới ngày nào mới về thăm lại được quê hương, mà khi về nơi đó có còn là quê hương không. Có lẽ chỉ còn là quê hương trong lòng...

hôm nay làm gì nhiều cảm xúc vậy
    I feel the same thing

nước biển o do' nhin` xanh dep qua'

Họ: Nhím
    Tên: Út
    DOB: Tháng 2 ngày 31, năm Con Nhím

Quote Originally Posted by NBT View Post
    hôm nay làm gì nhiều cảm xúc vậy
    Hôm nay trời ít nắng, nhiều mây trắng. Gió thổi hiêu hiêu, nhớ những buổi chiều thả diều trên đồng lúa.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhím Út View Post
    nước biển o do' nhin` xanh dep qua'
    Bây giờ có lẽ nước xanh cảnh đẹp, chứ lúc trước nơi này là đảo tù.