Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: TIN CỨU TRỢ

Default 20. TIN CỨU TRỢ

Supreme Master Ching Hai International Association relief news update from South Korea - 27 July 2009

In early July, the southern part of the nation was struck by floods and landslides following record-high rains. Ten people lost their lives and thousands of people were displaced, many with homes that had sustained damage. With heartfelt condolence and prayers on July 18, Supreme Master Ching Hai donated US$10,000 for those who had lost loved ones or were in need of urgent aid, an amount could purchase US$18,000 in relief items if obtained in the United States, based on the cost of living in South Korea.On July 21, our Association’s relief team from Korea went to worst-hit Busan and South Gyeongsang provinces.

Jang Seung-In, Flood victim (M): Here was submerged this much. About 80 centimeters. It is submerged 25-30 annually. But this was unexpected.

VOICE: Finding that organizations such as the Salvation Army and Red Cross were providing assistance in the region, our Association’s relief team went to families who had not received aid and helped them clean as well as repair damage to their homes. As many had also lost all their household goods, they were given items such as cooking stoves, furniture, and basic necessities.

Kim Su-Duk, Relief Recipient (F): I can’t find my words. Thank you so much.

VOICE: Our Association’s relief team visited bereaved families in Busan and Seoul as well, to console them and provide monetary support.

Lee Jung-Sook – Wife of perished landslide victim, Seoul, South Korea (F): I will use this fund well with gratitude.

Mun Jae-Yeol, Relief Recipient (M): Thank you so much Supreme Master Ching Hai! I’m so touched

VOICE: We thank the Salvation Army, Red Cross, and all relief personnel for your assistance to those in need. Our gratefulness also to Supreme Master Ching Hai, whose meaningful aid brings much comfort to the most vulnerable, and to our Association’s relief team for their caring efforts. We mourn the lives lost and pray for the South Korean people’s
    swift recuperation of their day-to-day lives. With Heaven’s blessings, let us adopt gentler lifestyles for the restoration of Earth’s stability.

trackback : http://www.suprememastertv.com/bbs/t...ief_work_au/25

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast