View Full Version : V - Vui Học Thánh Kinh - Chúa Nhật Thứ 3 Mùa Vọng Năm B

Dan Lee
12-08-2011, 09:32 PM
Vui Học Thánh Kinh - Chúa Nhật Thứ 3 Mùa Vọng Năm B

Tải Về (http://www.tomathien.org/component/simpledownload/?view=download&format=raw&fileid=downloads%2FkinhThanh%2FnamB%2FCN+03+MV+B.doc)

Reading I (Is 61:1-2a, 10-11)

A Reading from the Book of Isaiah

The spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me; he has sent me to bring glad tidings to the poor, to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and release to the prisoners, to announce a year of favor from the Lord and a day of vindication by our God.

I rejoice heartily in the Lord, in my God is the joy of my soul; for he has clothed me with a robe of salvation and wrapped me in a mantle of justice, like a bridegroom adorned with a diadem, like a bride bedecked with her jewels. As the earth brings forth its plants, and a garden makes its growth spring up, so will the Lord God make justice and praise spring up before all the nations.”

The Word of the Lord.

Reading II (1 Thes 5:16-24)

A Reading from the First Letter of St. Paul to the Thessalonians:

Brothers and sisters: Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing. In all circumstances give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus. Do not quench the Spirit. Do not despise prophetic utterances. Test everything; retain what is good. Refrain from every kind of evil.

May the God of peace make you perfectly holy and may you entirely, spirit, soul, and body, be preserved blameless for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful, and he will also accomplish it.

The Word of the Lord.

Gospel (Jn 1:6-8, 19-28)

The Gospel According to St. John:

A man named John was sent from God. He came for testimony, to testify to the light, so that all might believe through him. He was not the light, but came to testify to the light.

And this is the testimony of John. When the Jews from Jerusalem sent priests and Levites to him to ask him, “Who are you?” He admitted and did not deny it, but admitted, “I am not the Christ.” So they asked him, “What are you then? Are you Elijah?” And he said, “I am not.” “Are you the Prophet?” He answered, “No.” So they said to him, “Who are you, so we can give an answer to those who sent us? What do you have to say for yourself?” He said: “I am the voice of one crying out in the desert, ‘make straight the way of the Lord,’” as Isaiah the prophet said.” Some Pharisees were also sent. They asked him, “Why then do you baptize if you are not the Christ or Elijah or the Prophet?” John answered them, “I baptize with water; but there is one among you whom you do not recognize, the one who is coming after me, whose sandal strap I am not worthy to untie.” This happened in Bethany across the Jordan, where John was baptizing.

The Word of the Lord.

Questions:

1. How many times is “THE LIGHT” mentioned in today’s Gospel, and who is “THE LIGHT”?

a. “THE LIGHT” is mentioned 5 times in today’s Gospel, and THE LIGHT is the Sun.
b. “THE LIGHT” is mentioned 4 times in today’s Gospel, and THE LIGHT is the Emperor.
c. “THE LIGHT” is mentioned 3 times in today’s Gospel, and THE LIGHT is Jesus Christ.

2. What did John the Baptist tell priests and Levites when they asked him: “Who are you?”

a. He told them: “I am the Christ, your Savior.”
b. He told them: “I am the voice of one crying out in the desert.”
c. He told them: “I am the way the truth and the life.”
d. He told them: “I am nobody!”

3. What did John the Baptist ask people to do?

a. He asked them to pay tax to the Roman Empire.
b. He asked them to change their lifestyle.
c. He asked them to repent and make straight the way of the Lord.
d. All of the above.
e. Only b & c are correct.

Bài Đọc 1 (Is 61:1-2a, 10-11)

Bài Trích Sách I-sa-i-a:

Thánh Thần Chúa ngự trên tôi: vì Chúa đã xức dầu cho tôi; Người đã sai tôi đem tin mừng cho người nghèo khó, băng bó những tâm hồn đau thương, báo tin ân xá cho những kẻ bị lưu đày, phóng thích cho những tù nhân, công bố năm hồng ân của Thiên Chúa.

Tôi hớn hở vui mừng trong Chúa, và lòng tôi hoan hỉ trong Chúa tôi, vì Người đã mặc cho tôi áo phần rỗi, và choàng áo công chính cho tôi, như tân lang đầu đội triều thiên, như tân nương trang sức bằng ngọc bảo. Như đất đâm chồi, như vườn nảy lộc, Chúa cũng làm phát sinh công chính và lời ca tụng trước mặt muôn dân.

Đó là Lời Chúa.

Bài Đọc 2 (1 Tx 5:16-24)

Bài Trích Thư Thứ Nhất Của Thánh Phao-lô Tông Đồ Gửi Tín Hữu Thê-xa-lô-ni-ca:

Anh em thân mến, anh em hãy vui mừng luôn. Hãy cầu nguyện không ngừng. Trong mọi việc, hãy cảm tạ Chúa. Vì đó là thánh ý Thiên Chúa về tất cả anh em trong Chúa Giêsu Kitô. Đừng dập tắt Thánh Thần; đừng khinh khi các lời tiên tri, nhưng hãy nghiệm xét mọi sự, điều gì tốt hãy giữ lại. Hãy tránh xa sự dữ dưới mọi hình thức.

Xin chính Thiên Chúa bình an thánh hóa anh em toàn diện, để thần trí, linh hồn và thể xác anh em được gìn giữ toàn vẹn trong ngày Đức Giêsu Kitô Chúa chúng ta ngự đến. Đấng đã kêu gọi anh em, chính Người là Đấng Trung Tín. Chính Người sẽ thực hiện.

Đó là Lời Chúa.

Phúc Âm (Ga 1:6-8, 19-28)

Tin Mừng Chúa Giêsu Theo Thánh Lu-ca:

Có người đã được Chúa sai đến, tên là Gio-an. Ông đến như chứng nhân để làm chứng về sự sáng, hầu mọi người nhờ ông mà tin. Ông không phải là sự sáng, nhưng ông chỉ làm chứng về sự sáng. Và đây là chứng của Gio-an, khi những người Do-thái từ Giê-ru-sa-lem sai các vị tư tế và các thầy Lê-vi đến hỏi ông: “Ông là ai?” Ông liền tuyên xưng, ông không chối, ông tuyên xưng rằng: “Tôi không phải là Đấng Kitô.” Họ liền hỏi: “Thế là gì? Ông có phải là Ê-li-a chăng?” Gio-an trả lời: “Tôi không phải là Ê-li-a.” “Hay ông là một đấng tiên tri?” Gio-an đáp: “Không phải.”

Họ liền bảo: “Vậy ông là ai, để chúng tôi trả lời cho những người sai chúng tôi. Ông tự xưng là ai?” Gio-an đáp: “Tôi là tiếng kêu trong hoang địa: Hãy sửa cho ngay đường Chúa đi, như tiên tri I-sa-i-a đã loan báo.”

Và có những người thuộc nhóm biệt phái cũng được sai đến. Họ hỏi Gio-an rằng: “Nếu ông không phải là Đức Kitô, cũng không phải là Ê-li-a hay một tiên tri, vậy tại sao ông làm phép rửa?” Gio-an trả lời: “Tôi làm phép rửa trong nước; nhưng giữa các ngươi, có Đấng mà các ngươi không biết. Đấng ấy sẽ đến sau tôi, nhưng chính Đấng ấy đã có trước tôi và tôi không xứng đáng cởi dây giày cho Người.” Việc này xảy ra tại Bê-ta-ni-a, bên kia sống Gio-đan, nơi Gio-an làm phép rửa.

Đó là Lời Chúa.

Câu Hỏi:

1. Cụm từ “ÁNH SÁNG” được nhắc đến bao nhiêu lần trong bài Tin Mừng hôm nay?

a. “ÁNH SÁNG” được nhắc đến 5 lần, và “ÁNH SÁNG” chính là mặt Trời.
b. “ÁNH SÁNG” được nhắc đến 4 lần, và “ÁNH SÁNG” chính là Hoàng Đế.
c. “ÁNH SÁNG” được nhắc đến 3 lần, và “ÁNH SÁNG” chính là Chúa Giêsu Kitô.

2. Ông Gioan Tẩy Giả đã trả lời gì khi người ta hỏi: “Ông là ai?”

a. Ông trả lời họ rằng: “Tôi chính là Đức Kitô, Đấng Cứu Thế của các ông.”
b. Ông trả lời họ rằng: “Tôi chính là tiếng kêu trong hoang địa.”
c. Ông trả lời họ rằng: “Tôi chính là đường, là sự thật và là sự sống.”
d. Ông trả lời họ rằng: “Tôi chả là ai cả!”

3. Ông Gioan Tẩy Giả đã kêu gọi người ta làm gì?

a. Ông kêu gọi người ta đóng thuế cho Đế Quốc Rô-ma.
b. Ông kêu gọi người ta hãy thay đổi cung cách sống.
c. Ông kêu gọi người ta ăn năn hối lỗi và sửa đường cho thẳng để Chúa đi.
d. Tất cả đều đúng.
e. Chỉ có b & c là đúng.

Tô Màu

“Make straight the way of the Lord.”
“Hãy sửa cho ngay đường Chúa đi.”
Jn 1:23

Fill in the Blank

BAPTIZE CHRIST ELIJAH JOHN VOICE WORTHY

A man named ______________ was sent from God. He came for testimony, to testify to the light, so that all might believe through him.
And this is the testimony of John. When the Jews from Jerusalem sent priests and Levites to him to ask him, “Who are you?” He admitted and did not deny it, but admitted, “I am not the ______________.”
So they asked him, “What are you then? Are you ______________?” And he said, “I am not.” “Are you the Prophet?” He answered, “No.”
So they said to him, “Who are you, so we can give an answer to those who sent us? What do you have to say for yourself?” He said: “I am the ______________ of one crying out in the desert, ‘make straight the way of the Lord,’” as Isaiah the prophet said.”
Some Pharisees were also sent. They asked him, “Why then do you ______________ if you are not the Christ or Elijah or the Prophet?”
John answered them, “I baptize with water; but there is one among you whom you do not recognize, the one who is coming after me, whose sandal strap I am not ______________ to untie.”

Điền Vào Chỗ Trống

Ê-LI-A GIO-AN KITÔ PHÉP RỬA TIẾNG KÊu XỨNG ĐÁNG

Có người đã được Chúa sai đến, tên là ______________. Ông đến như chứng nhân để làm chứng về sự sáng, hầu mọi người nhờ ông mà tin.
Khi những người hỏi ông: “Ông là ai?” Ông liền tuyên xưng, ông không chối, ông tuyên xưng rằng: “Tôi không phải là Đấng ______________.”
Họ liền hỏi: “Thế là gì? Ông có phải là ______________ chăng?” Gio-an trả lời: “Tôi không phải là Ê-li-a.” “Hay ông là một đấng tiên tri?” Gio-an đáp: “Không phải.”
Họ liền bảo: “Vậy ông là ai, để chúng tôi trả lời cho những người sai chúng tôi. Ông tự xưng là ai?” Gio-an đáp: “Tôi là ______________ trong hoang địa: Hãy sửa cho ngay đường Chúa đi, như tiên tri I-sa-i-a đã loan báo.”
Họ hỏi Gio-an rằng: “Nếu ông không phải là Đức Kitô, cũng không phải là Ê-li-a hay một tiên tri, vậy tại sao ông làm ______________?”
Gio-an trả lời: “Tôi làm phép rửa trong nước; nhưng giữa các ngươi, có Đấng mà các ngươi không biết. Đấng ấy sẽ đến sau tôi, nhưng chính Đấng ấy đã có trước tôi và tôi không ______________ cởi dây giày cho Người.”

Reflections

Reading I

In this reading we are told what the Messiah will do:

· bring good news

· heal the brokenhearted

· set people free

· proclaim God’s love

When Jesus came as the Messiah, he used these words of Isaiah to describe his work. Bethlehem is only the beginning of his work in the world. Jesus wants us to share his work, to be signs of light in our dark and troubled world.

Who do we know that is sad or troubled or caught in a situation they can’t fix? Who is brokenhearted? Who is held captive by fear or doubt or bad habits or addictions? Who doubts God’s love for him or her? How can we help now? How can we prepare ourselves to work for changes?

What does it mean to say “The Spirit of God is upon me”? What does this mean for our work, for what God calls us to do?

Reading II

This reading is taken from what is probably the oldest New Testament book, Saint Paul’s First Letter to the Thessalonians, the people of northern Greece. It was written in the year 50 A.D. and gives us a picture of the concerns of the Christian community twenty years after the ascension of Jesus. The first three sentences state what for Paul are basic traits of the Christian: joy, prayer, and thanksgiving. He prays that when Jesus comes we may be “blameless”, without sin and worthy of our Lord’s coming.

What does St. Paul tell us are the three things that God wills for us “in Christ Jesus”? What does “stifle” mean here? What does it mean to “test everything”?

What are two sentences that tell Paul’s wishes for the Thessalonians? What sentence reassures us that we will be holy?

Gospel

Today’s gospel reading is about the importance of giving witness. The role of John the Baptist was to testify to the light that is Christ. John the Baptist said he was not the Messiah. His baptism and his preaching were to prepare for the Messiah, one far greater than John. It is the coming of the Messiah that the entire world awaits, and we learn about who the Messiah is from all of today’s readings. Waiting requires patience on our part, and becoming prepared for the one who is coming. How are we preparing to celebrate Jesus’ coming this Christmas as the Messiah? What kindness can we give to others this week to show that we are ready?

Pray to the Spirit to know what your work in the world is.

What does John say that he is not? What does John say that he is? Do you think John is clear about what his work is? Why does John baptize? How can we prepare for the one who is coming?

http://www.tomathien.org/downloads/kinhThanh/namB/pictures/stDamasus.jpg

St. Damasus
Dec. 11th

Damasus was born in Rome. He was brought up in a very pious family as his father was a priest in Rome. When Damasus grew up, he served as a deacon in his father’s church. Then he converted, became a Catholic and joined the priesthood.

These were exciting times for the Church. Damasus was a priest who was generous and made many sacrifices for his people. When Pope Liberius died in 366, Damasus became the pope.

He faced many severe difficulties. There was a false pope named Felix. He and his followers ill-treated Damasus. They lied about him, especially about his personal moral life.

The pope had to stand trial before the Roman authorities. He was proved innocent, but he suffered very much because of it. His great friend, St. Jerome, spoke strongly about the goodness of Damasus.

And Jerome had high standards. Pope Damasus realized that the city priest were very rich and living like kings. The country priests were a lot stricter.

Damasus asked the priests to live simple lives and not to collect money and possessions. He set a wonderful example himself.

There were also many false teachings during his time as pope. Damasus explained the true faith. He also called the Second Ecumenical Council which was held in Constantinople. It was during his rule that Christianity officially became the religion of Rome.

Pope Damasus greatly encouraged people to love the Word of God in the scriptures. He asked St. Jerome to translate the Bible into Latin. He also changed the official language of the liturgy from Greek – except for the Kyrie – to Latin.

Pope St. Damasus died at the age of about eighty on December 11, 384. He was buried with his mother and sister in a little chapel he had built.