PDA

View Full Version : V - Vui Học Thánh Kinh Chúa Nhật Thứ 19 Thường Niên A

Dan Lee
08-05-2011, 11:00 PM
Chúa Nhật Thứ 19 Thường Niên A

Tải Về Cho Đầy Đủ (http://www.tomathien.org/component/simpledownload/?view=download&format=raw&fileid=ZG93bmxvYWRzL2tpbmhUaGFuaC9uYW1BL0NOIDE5IFFOIEEuZG9j)

Reading I (1 Kgs 19:9a, 11-13a)

At the mountain of God, Horeb, Elijah came to a cave where he took shelter. Then the LORD said to him, “Go outside and stand on the mountain before the LORD; the LORD will be passing by.” A strong and heavy wind was rending the mountains and crushing rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake there was fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. After the fire there was a tiny whispering sound. When he heard this, Elijah hid his face in his cloak and went and stood at the entrance of the cave.

Reading II (Rom 9:1-5)

Brothers and sisters: I speak the truth in Christ, I do not lie; my conscience joins with the Holy Spirit in bearing me witness that I have great sorrow and constant anguish in my heart. For I could wish that I myself were accursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my own people, my kindred according to the flesh. They are Israelites; theirs the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the worship, and the promises; theirs the patriarchs, and from them, according to the flesh, is the Christ, who is over all. God blessed forever. Amen.

Gospel (Mt 14:22-33)

After he had fed the people, Jesus made the disciples get into a boat and precede him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowds. After doing so, he went up on the mountain by himself to pray. When it was evening he was there alone. Meanwhile the boat, already a few miles offshore, was being tossed about by the waves, for the wind was against it. During the fourth watch of the night, he came toward them walking on the sea. When the disciples saw him walking on the sea they were terrified. “It is a ghost,” they said, and they cried out in fear. At once Jesus spoke to them, “Take courage, it is I; do not be afraid.” Peter said to him in reply, “Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you on the water.” He said, “Come.” Peter got out of the boat and began to walk on the water toward Jesus. But when he saw how strong the wind was he became frightened; and, beginning to sink, he cried out, “Lord, save me!” Immediately Jesus stretched out his hand and caught Peter, and said to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?” After they got into the boat, the wind died down. Those who were in the boat did him homage, saying, “Truly, you are the Son of God.”

Questions:

1. What did Jesus say to the disciples when they were terrified?

a. Jesus said: “Do not be afraid! I am the way the truth and the life.”

b. Jesus said: “Take courage, it is I; do not be afraid.”

c. Jesus said: “Take courage, it is I; I am not ghost!”

2. Why was Peter sinking?

a. Peter was sinking because he lacked faith.

b. Peter was sinking because he had little faith and doubted.

c. Peter was sinking because he did not wear swim vest.

d. All of the above.

3. What did Peter do when he was sinking?

a. He turned back to the boat.

b. He cried out and asked for his friends’ help.

c. He cried out and asked Jesus to save him.

Bài Đọc 1 (1 V 19:9a, 11-13a)

Trên núi của Đức Chúa, Khô-rếp, Ê-li-a vào một cái hang và nghỉ đêm tại đó. Đức Chúa nói với ông: “Hãy ra ngoài và đứng trên núi trước mặt Đức Chúa. Kìa Đức Chúa đang đi qua.” Gió to bão lớn xẻ núi non, đập vỡ đá tảng trước nhan Đức Chúa, nhưng Đức Chúa không ở trong cơn gió bão. Sau đó là động đất, nhưng Đức Chúa không ở trong trận động đất. Sau động đất là lửa, nhưng Đức Chúa cũng không ở trong lửa. Sau lửa có tiếng gió hiu hiu. Vừa nghe tiếng đó, ông Ê-li-a lấy áo choàng che mặt, rồi ra ngoài đứng ở cửa hang.

Bài Đọc 2 (Rm 9:1-5)

Anh em thân mến, có Đức Kitô chứng giám, tôi xin nói sự thật, tôi không nói dối và lương tâm tôi, được Thánh Thần hướng dẫn, cũng làm chứng cho tôi rằng: lòng tôi rất đỗi ưu phiền và đau khổ mãi không ngơi. Quả vậy, giả như vì anh em đồng bào của tôi theo huyết thống, mà tôi có bị nguyền rủa và xa lìa Đức Kitô, thì tôi cũng cam lòng. Họ là người Ít-ra-en, họ đã được Thiên Chúa nhận làm con, được Người cho thấy vinh quang, ban tặng các giao ước, lề luật, một nền phụng tự và các lời hứa; họ là con cháu các tổ phụ; và sau hết, chính Đức Kitô, xét theo huyết thống, cũng cùng một nòi giống với họ. Người là Thiên Chúa, Đấng vượt trên mọi sự. Chúc tụng Người đến muôn thuở muôn đời. A-men.

Phúc Âm (Mt 14:22-33)

Sau khi cho dân chúng ăn, Đức Giêsu liền bắt các môn đệ xuống thuyền qua bờ bên kia trước, trong lúc Người giải tán dân chúng. Giải tán họ xong, Người lên núi một mình mà cầu nguyện. Tối đến Người vẫn ở đó một mình. Còn chiếc thuyền thì đã ra xa bờ đến cả mấy cây số, bị sóng đánh vì ngược gió. Vào khoảng canh tư, Người đi trên mặt biển mà đến với các môn đệ. Thấy Người đi trên mặt biển, các ông hoảng hốt bảo nhau: “Ma đấy!” Và sợ hãi la lên. Đức Giêsu liền bảo các ông: “Cứ yên tâm, chính Thầy đây, đừng sợ!” Ông Phê-rô liền thưa với Người: “Thưa Ngài, nếu quả là Ngài, thì xin truyền cho con đi trên mặt nước mà đến với Ngài.” Đức Giêsu bảo ông: “Cứ đến!” Ông Phê-rô từ thuyền bước xuống, đi trên mặt nước, và đến với Đức Giêsu. Nhưng thấy gió thổi thì ông đâm sợ, và khi bắt đầu chìm, ông la lên: “Thưa Ngài, xin cứu con với!” Đức Giêsu liền đưa tay nắm lấy ông và nói: “Người đâu mà kém tin vậy! Sao lại hoài nghi?” Khi thầy trò đã lên thuyền, thì gió lặng ngay. Những kẻ ở trong thuyền bái lạy Người và nói: “Quả thật Ngài là Con Thiên Chúa!”

Câu Hỏi:

1. Chúa Giêsu đã nói gì với các môn đệ khi họ hoảng hốt?

a. Chúa Giêsu nói: “Đừng sợ! Thầy đây là đường, là sự thật và là sự sống.”

b. Chúa Giêsu nói: “Cứ yên tâm, chính Thầy đây, đừng sợ!”

c. Chúa Giêsu nói: “Cứ yên tâm, Thầy không phải là ma đâu, đừng sợ!”

2. Tại sao ông Phê-rô lại bị chìm như vậy?

a. Ông Phê-rô bị chìm là bởi vì ông thiếu niềm tin.

b. Ông Phê-rô bị chìm là bởi vì ông thiếu niềm tin và nghi ngờ.

c. Ông Phê-rô bị chìm là bởi vì ông không mặc áo phao.

d. Tất cả đều đúng.

3. Ông Phê-rô đã làm gì khi thấy mình bị chìm?

a. Ông đã quay trở lại thuyền.

b. Ông đã la lên, kêu gọi bạn bè đến giúp.

c. Ông đã kêu lên và xin Chúa Giêsu cứu ông.

Tô Màu

http://www.tomathien.org/downloads/kinhThanh/namA/pictures/cn19qnA.jpg

“Take courage, it is I; do not be afraid!”

“Cứ yên tâm, chính Thầy đây, đừng sợ!”

Mt 14:27

Fill in the Blank

BOAT FAITH GHOST PRAY SON WALK

After he had fed the people, Jesus made the disciples get into a ______________ and precede him to the other side.
After doing so, he went up on the mountain by himself to ______________.
When the disciples saw Jesus walking on the sea they were terrified. “It is a ______________,” they said, and they cried out in fear. At once Jesus spoke to them, “Take courage, it is I; do not be afraid.”
Peter said to him in reply, “Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you on the water.” He said, “Come.” Peter got out of the boat and began to ______________ on the water toward Jesus.
But when he saw how strong the wind was he became frightened; and, beginning to sink, he cried out, “Lord, save me!” Immediately Jesus stretched out his hand and caught Peter, and said to him, “O you of little ______________, why did you doubt?”
After they got into the boat, the wind died down. Those who were in the boat did him homage, saying, “Truly, you are the ______________ of God.”

Điền Vào Chỗ Trống

CẦU NGUYỆN CON ĐI MA THUYỀN TIN

Sau khi cho dân chúng ăn, Đức Giêsu liền bắt các môn đệ xuống ______________, qua bờ bên kia trước.
Giải tán họ xong, Người lên núi một mình mà ______________.
Thấy Người đi trên mặt biển, các ông hoảng hốt bảo nhau: “______________ đấy!” Và sợ hãi la lên. Đức Giêsu liền bảo các ông: “Cứ yên tâm, chính Thầy đây, đừng sợ!”
Ông Phê-rô liền thưa với Người: “Thưa Ngài, nếu quả là Ngài, thì xin truyền cho con đi trên mặt nước mà đến với Ngài.” Đức Giêsu bảo ông: “Cứ đến!” Ông Phê-rô từ thuyền bước xuống, “______________ trên mặt nước, và đến với Đức Giêsu.
Nhưng thấy gió thổi thì ông đâm sợ, và khi bắt đầu chìm, ông la lên: “Thưa Ngài, xin cứu con với!” Đức Giêsu liền đưa tay nắm lấy ông và nói: “Người đâu mà kém “______________ vậy! Sao lại hoài nghi?”
Khi thầy trò đã lên thuyền, thì gió lặng ngay. Những kẻ ở trong thuyền bái lạy Người và nói: “Quả thật Ngài là ______________ Thiên Chúa!”

Reflections

Reading I

If God’s “voice” could be recorded, most people would probably assume that it would sound powerful, like the roar of the wind or awesome like the rumble of an earthquake. The prophet Elijah made an amazing discovery about God. When God spoke to Elijah on the holy mountain, Elijah heard “a tiny whispering sound.” But in that sound Elijah recognized that God was present to him and would protect him from his enemies.

Does this reading change your image of God in any way? Does it tell you something about prayer? How will it help you to pray?

Reading II

Today Paul expresses sadness that most of his own people do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah. But Paul still loves them. They are God’s chosen people, and Paul prays for them.

Do you pray for those who have not yet recognized Christ? How will you show your love by being more faithful to this responsibility?

Gospel

There are really two stories in today’s gospel. One is about Jesus; the other, about Peter. As the gospel begins, Jesus is alone in prayer. His disciples are in a boat crossing the Sea of Galilee. In the dark of night, a storm threatens the boat. Just as the boat is about to be swamped, Jesus comes to rescue his disciples. He is walking on the water!

The second story tells how Peter’s faith is put to the test. He thinks that he can join Jesus, walking on the stormy waters. But when Peter is out of the boat, surrounded by the menacing waves, he has second thoughts. In his fear, he begins to sink. After saving Peter, Jesus asks him why he doubted and did not trust him.

When life seems tough and you are afraid, how will you turn to Christ with trust?

http://www.tomathien.org/downloads/kinhThanh/namA/pictures/stDominic.jpg
St. Dominic
Aug. 8th

If he hadn’t taken a trip with his bishop, Dominic would probably have remained within the structure of contemplative life; after the trip, he spent the rest of his life being a contemplative in active apostolic work.

Born in old Castile, Spain, he was trained for the priesthood by a priest-uncle, studied the arts and theology, and became a canon of the cathedral at Osma, where there was an attempt to revive the apostolic common life described in the Acts of the Apostles.

On a journey through France with his bishop, he came face to face with the then virulent Albigensian heresy at Languedoc. The Albigensians (Cathari, “the pure”) held to two principles – one good, one evil – in the world. All matter is evil – hence they denied the Incarnation and sacraments. On the same principle they abstained from procreation and took a minimum of food and drink. The inner circle led what some people regarded as a heroic life of purity and asceticism not shared by ordinary followers.

Dominic sensed the need for the Church to combat this heresy, and was commissioned to be part of the preaching crusade against it. He saw immediately why the preaching was not succeeding: the ordinary people admired and followed the ascetical heroes of the Albigenses. Understandably, they were not impressed by the Catholic preachers who traveled with horse and retinues, stayed at the best inns and had servants. Dominic therefore, with three Cistercians, began itinerant preaching according to the gospel ideal. He continued this work for 10 years, being successful with the ordinary people but not with the leaders.

His fellow preachers gradually became a community, and in 1215 he founded a religious house at Toulouse, the beginning of the Order of Preachers (Dominicans).

His ideal, and that of his Order, was to link organically a life with God, study and prayer in all forms, with a ministry of salvation to people by the word of God. His ideal: contemplata tradere – “to pass on the fruits of contemplation” or “to speak only of God or with God.”