PDA

View Full Version : C - Chúa Nhật Thứ 4 Mùa Phục Sinh Năm A

Dan Lee
05-06-2011, 10:51 PM
Chúa Nhật Thứ 4 Mùa Phục Sinh Năm A

Reading I (Acts 2:14a, 36-41)

Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice, and proclaimed: “Let the whole house of Israel know for certain that God has made both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified.”
Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and they asked Peter and the other apostles, “What are we to do, my brothers?” Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is made to you and to your children and to all those far off, whomever the Lord our God will call.” He testified with many other arguments, and was exhorting them, “Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.” Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand persons were added that day.

Reading II (1 Pt 2:20b-25)

Beloved: If you are patient when you suffer for doing what is good, this is a grace before God. For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example that you should follow in his footsteps. He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in his mouth. When he was insulted, he returned no insult; when he suffered, he did not threaten; instead, he handed himself over to the one who judges justly. He himself bore our sins in his body upon the cross, so that, free from sin, we might live for righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed. For you had gone astray like sheep, but you have now returned to the shepherd and guardian of your souls.

Gospel (Jn 10:1-10)

Jesus said: “Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever does not enter a sheepfold through the gate but climbs over elsewhere is a thief and a robber. But whoever enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. The gatekeeper opens it for him, and the sheep hear his voice, as the shepherd calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has driven out all his own, he walks ahead of them, and the sheep follow him, because they recognize his voice. But they will not follow a stranger; they will run away from him, because they do not recognize the voice of strangers.” Although Jesus used this figure of speech, the Pharisees did not realize what he was trying to tell them.
So Jesus said again, “Amen, amen, I say to you, I am the gate for the sheep. All who came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. I am the gate. Whoever enters through me will be saved, and will come in and go out and find pasture. A thief comes only to steal and slaughter and destroy; I came so that they might have life and have it more abundantly.”

Questions:

1. How could you distinguish between a true shepherd and a thief?
a. A true shepherd loves and cares for the sheep, but the thief steals, slaughters and destroys them.
b. A true shepherd is the one who enters a sheepfold through the gate, but a thief is the one who enters a sheepfold elsewhere.
c. A true shepherd is the one who sleeps with the sheep, but a thief does not.
2. What is the most significant character of the shepherd to help him bond with the sheep?
a. The shepherd knows the sheep very well.
b. The shepherd walks ahead of the sheep all the time.
c. The shepherd feeds the sheep and protects them carefully.
d. All of the above.
3. Why is Jesus called “The Good Shepherd”?
a. Because Jesus knows the sheep; He knows each one of us personally.
b. Because Jesus cares, loves and sacrifices for us on the cross.
c. Because Jesus always stays with us, His sheep.
d. All the above.

Bài Đọc 1 (Cv 2:14a, 36-41)

Trong ngày lễ Ngũ Tuần, Phê-rô cùng với mười một Tông Đồ đứng ra, lên tiếng nói rằng: “Xin toàn thể nhà Israel hãy nhận biết chắc rằng: Thiên Chúa đã tôn Đức Giêsu mà anh em đã đóng đinh, lên làm Chúa và làm Đấng Kitô.”
Nghe những lời nói trên, họ đau đớn trong lòng, nói cùng Phê-rô và các Tông Đồ khác rằng: “Thưa các ông, chúng tôi phải làm gì?” Phê-rô nói với họ: “Anh em hãy ăn năn sám hối, và mỗi người trong anh em hãy chịu phép rửa nhân danh Đức Giêsu Kitô để được tha tội; và anh em nhận lãnh ơn Thánh Thần. Vì chưng, đó là lời hứa cho anh em, con cái anh em, và mọi người sống ở phương xa mà Chúa là Thiên Chúa chúng ta sẽ kêu gọi đến.” Phê-rô còn minh chứng bằng nhiều lời khác nữa, và khuyên bảo họ mà rằng: “Anh em hãy tự cứu mình khỏi dòng dõi gian tà này.” Vậy những kẻ chấp nhận lời ngài giảng, đều chịu phép rửa, và ngày hôm ấy có thêm chừng ba ngàn người gia nhập đạo.

Bài Đọc 2 (1 Pr 2:20b-25)

Anh em thân mến, khi làm việc lành, nếu anh em phải nhẫn nhục chịu đau khổ, đó mới là ân phúc trước mặt Thiên Chúa. Anh em được gọi làm việc đó, vì Đức Kitô đã chịu đau khổ cho chúng ta, lưu lại cho anh em một gương mẫu để anh em theo vết chân Người. Người là Đấng không hề phạm tội, và nơi miệng Người không thấy điều gian trá. Bị phỉ báng, Người không phỉ báng lại; bị hành hạ, Người không ngăm đe; Người phó mình cho Đấng xét xử công minh; chính Người đã gánh vác tội lỗi chúng ta nơi thân xác Người trên cây khổ giá, để một khi đã chết cho tội lỗi, chúng ta sống cho sự công chính; nhờ vết thương của Người, anh em đã được chữa lành. Xưa kia, anh em như những chiên lạc, nhưng giờ đây, anh em đã trở về cùng vị mục tử và Đấng canh giữ linh hồn anh em.

Phúc Âm (Ga 10:1-10)

Khi ấy, Chúa Giêsu phán rằng: “Thật, Ta bảo thật cùng các ngươi, ai không qua cửa mà vào chuồng chiên, nhưng trèo vào lối khác, thì người ấy là kẻ trộm cướp. Còn ai qua cửa mà vào, thì là kẻ chăn chiên. Kẻ ấy sẽ được người giữ cửa mở cho, và chiên nghe theo tiếng kẻ ấy. Kẻ ấy sẽ gọi đích danh từng con chiên mình và dẫn ra. Khi đã lùa chiên mình ra ngoài, kẻ ấy đi trước, và chiên theo sau, vì chúng quen tiếng kẻ ấy. Chúng sẽ không theo người lạ, trái lại, còn trốn tránh, vì chúng không quen tiếng người lạ.” Chúa Giêsu phán dụ ngôn này, nhưng họ không hiểu Người muốn nói gì. Bấy giờ Chúa Giêsu nói thêm: “Thật, Ta bảo thật các ngươi: Ta là cửa chuồng chiên. Tất cả những kẻ đã đến trước đều là trộm cướp, và chiên đã không nghe chúng. Ta là cửa, ai qua Ta mà vào, thì sẽ được cứu rỗi, người ấy sẽ ra vào và tìm thấy của nuôi thân. Kẻ trộm có đến thì chỉ đến để ăn trộm, để sát hại và phá huỷ. Còn Ta, Ta đến để cho chúng được sống và được sống dồi dào.”

Câu Hỏi:

1. Làm sao ta có thể phân biệt được đâu là người chăn chiên đích thực và tên trộm chiên?
a. Người chăn chiên đích thực thì yêu thương, chăm sóc và lo lắng cho đoàn chiên. Còn kẻ trộm chiên thì ăn cắp, sát hại và phá huỷ mà thôi.
b. Người chăn chiên đích thực là người đi qua cửa chính mà vào chuồng chiên. Còn tên trộm chiên thì trèo vào chuồng chiên bằng lối khác.
c. Người chăn chiên đích thực là người ngủ với đoàn chiên. Còn tên trộm chiên thì không ngủ với đoàn chiên.
2. Nét đặc biệt nhất của người chăn chiên khiến cho đoàn chiên gắn bó với anh ta là gì?
a. Người chăn chiên biết rõ từng con chiên một.
b. Người chăn chiên luôn luôn đi đầu hướng dẫn đoàn chiên.
c. Người chăn chiên cho chiên ăn uống và bảo vệ đoàn chiên của mình.
d. Tất cả đều đúng.
3. Tại sao Chúa Giêsu được gọi là “Chúa Chiên Lành”?
a. Bởi vì Chúa Giêsu biết rõ đoàn chiên; Ngài biết rất rõ mỗi người chúng ta.
b. Bởi vì Chúa Giêsu quan tâm, yêu thương và đã hy sinh mạng sống của Ngài cho chúng ta trên cây Thập Giá.
c. Bởi vì Chúa Giêsu luôn luôn ở với chúng ta, là đoàn chiên của Ngài.
d. Tất cả đều đúng.

Tô Màu

http://www.tomathien.org/downloads/kinhThanh/namA/pictures/cn4psA.jpg

“I came so that they might have life and have it more abundantly.”
“Ta đến để cho chúng được sống và được sống dồi dào.”
Jn 10:10

Kiếm Chữ

A G S E L E E L C E E G T R B
G A T E K E E P E R S R S E P
A T G S R I F F T D H T S E H
J E I H L V F I H J E S U S H
F H R E C O G N I Z E C A O S
S T A P L I F E E T P T S L S
T P S H J C U A F R F S E G E
S A V E D E F O L L O W E T O
T S T R A N G E R T L A R B R
E T P D R A E E D E D P F O S
A U E L F M P E O I E P E D C
L R O B B E R L E E R D L E A
I E A A O F E T E E T A O S E
B E S G H S S E R A L F R B S
E T R T L A A K E N D B S S V

JESUS SHEEPFOLD GATE THIEF
ROBBER SHEPHERD GATEKEEPER VOICE
NAME FOLLOW RECOGNIZE STRANGER
SAVED PASTURE STEAL LIFE

Fill in the Blank

GATE LIFE SAVED

SHEEP STRANGER VOICE

1. Jesus said: “Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever does not enter a sheepfold through the ______________ but climbs over elsewhere is a thief and a robber. But whoever enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep.
2. The gatekeeper opens it for him, and the sheep hear his ______________, as the shepherd calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has driven out all his own, he walks ahead of them, and the sheep follow him, because they recognize his voice.
3. But they will not follow a ______________; they will run away from him, because they do not recognize the voice of strangers.”
4. So Jesus said again, “Amen, amen, I say to you, I am the gate for the ______________. All who came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them.
5. I am the gate. Whoever enters through me will be ______________, and will come in and go out and find pasture.
6. A thief comes only to steal and slaughter and destroy; I came so that they might have ______________ and have it more abundantly.

Điền Vào Chỗ Trống

CHIÊN CỬA CỨU RỖI

NGƯỜI LẠ SỐNG TIẾNG

1. Chúa Giêsu phán rằng: “Thật, Ta bảo thật cùng các ngươi, ai không qua ______________ mà vào chuồng chiên, nhưng trèo vào lối khác, thì người ấy là kẻ trộm cướp. Còn ai qua cửa mà vào, thì là kẻ chăn chiên.
2. Kẻ ấy sẽ được người giữ cửa mở cho, và chiên nghe theo ______________ kẻ ấy. Kẻ ấy sẽ gọi đích danh từng con chiên mình và dẫn ra. Khi đã lùa chiên mình ra ngoài, kẻ ấy đi trước, và chiên theo sau, vì chúng quen tiếng kẻ ấy.
3. Chúng sẽ không theo ______________, trái lại, còn trốn tránh, vì chúng không quen tiếng người lạ.”
4. Bấy giờ Chúa Giêsu nói thêm: “Thật, Ta bảo thật các ngươi: Ta là cửa chuồng ______________. Tất cả những kẻ đã đến trước đều là trộm cướp, và chiên đã không nghe chúng.
5. Ta là cửa, ai qua Ta mà vào, thì sẽ được ______________, người ấy sẽ ra vào và tìm thấy của nuôi thân.
6. Kẻ trộm có đến thì chỉ đến để ăn trộm, để sát hại và phá huỷ. Còn Ta, Ta đến để cho chúng được ______________ và được sống dồi dào.

Reflections
Reading I

Today we hear about the consequences of Peter’s fiery proclamation of the Good News. His listeners face the truth: their sins have crucified the Messiah. Deeply shaken, they respond to Peter’s message by repenting of their sins. A large number seek to be baptized! They open their hearts to God’s word and allow themselves to be changed by it.
To repent is to turn away from a wrong direction or an evil way. With the help of the Holy Spirit, we can turn away from sin. Remember to pray for the help of the Holy Spirit.
One of the joys of the Easter Season is the reception into the Church of new members through Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist. Another joy is the reception of First Holy Communion and Confirmation by our children and young people. How can you keep the joy of your own Baptism alive in your heart? What does it mean to you to be confirmed in the Spirit? How do you compare your reception of the Eucharist for the first time and your receiving the Eucharist now? Do you remember and celebrate the anniversaries of your reception of these sacraments? How can this Easter Season be a season of new life for you as you receive the sacraments? (Recall what Jesus said: “Unless you become as a little child, you cannot enter the kingdom!”)

Reading II

Today’s reading issues a challenge to Christian slaves of the first century and to all of us, who should be slaves, or servants, of God. We are called to follow Jesus’ way of life. This means that we must suffer patiently for doing good, just as Jesus suffered for us. His wounds healed us. Now our wounds – from insults, threats, rejection – can help to heal others, as we follow in the footsteps of Jesus.
Doing the right thing is not always easy. When have you suffered, even in a small way, for doing the right thing? Suffering for doing right is also called patience. We “keep on keeping on” even if we don’t see immediate results. Patience is a very quiet virtue, so it is good to recognize it in others as well as in ourselves. Who are the patient people in your life? How can you grow in patience yourself, especially when things do not go your way?
There is a saying, “Please be patient with me. God is not through with me yet.” Being patient with someone is an act of hope and a vote of confidence in that person. Who in your life has shown patience with you?

Gospel

We are all familiar with the image of Jesus as the Good Shepherd. But in this reading from John’s Gospel, Jesus first refers to himself as “the gate” through which the sheep come to safety. The thieves are those people who try to enter God’s kingdom by some other gate. The sheep are those who recognize Jesus as the only door to the green pasture of eternal and abundant life.
Think about what an ordinary gate does. It keeps safe whatever is in the yard (like small children, animals, a garden) and keeps out what might be harmful. How is Jesus a gate for your life? How does He keep you safe? What does He keep in your life? How can you help others to recognize Jesus as the gate for their lives? One of God’s gifts to us is our free will. We can run out of the yard and leave the gate behind if we like. How can you say yes to Jesus, the Gate? How can you show Him that you appreciate Him and love Him?

St. Isidore the Farmer
May 15th

Isidore has become the patron of farmers and rural communities. In particular he is the patron of Madrid, Spain, and of the United States National Rural Life Conference.
When he was barely old enough to wield a hoe, Isidore entered the service of John de Vergas, a wealthy landowner from Madrid, and worked faithfully on his estate outside the city for the rest of his life. He married a young woman as simple and upright as himself who also became a saint – Maria de la Cabeza. They had one son, who died as a child.
Isidore had deep religious instincts. He rose early in the morning to go to church and spent many a holiday devoutly visiting the churches of Madrid and surrounding areas. All day long, as he walked behind the plow, he communed with God. His devotion, one might say, became a problem, for his fellow workers sometimes complained that he often showed up late because of lingering in church too long.
He was known for his love of the poor, and there are accounts of Isidore’s supplying them miraculously with food. He had a great concern for the proper treatment of animals.
He died May 15, 1130, and was declared a saint in 1622 with Ignatius of Loyola, Francis Xavier, Teresa of Avila and Philip Neri. Together, the group is known in Spain as “the five saints”.